Between implementing a totally new language arts curriculum (which I'm loving, and I'll try to blog about soon!), taking a graduate class, giving my puppy the attention he needs, taking him to class, going out of town almost every weekend, and the general craziness of the beginning of the year, I've fallen way behind on several personal projects. I haven't felt this crazed in September since I was a first year teacher!
So... I've received my first blogging award, despite my prolonged hiatus! Leslie (The Science Gal) nominated me as a Versatile Blogger! (My versatility: sometimes I blog, sometimes I don't!)
- I (sort of) speak German. I lived on an American military base in Germany in high school, which prompted me to major in German in college and spend a semester in Salzburg, Austria. I'm really rusty and out of practice, but my sister and I did spend the better part of an hour conversing in German last night.
- If I weren't a teacher, I would be an event planner, a caterer, or a photographer.
- I LOVE anything with peanut butter and chocolate in it.
- I played the French horn in middle and high school.
- I met my husband during band camp.
- I have a super cute puppy named Indy who loooooves attention.
- I am extremely Type A when it comes to organizing my classroom and keeping it clean, but a total slacker when it comes to housekeeping at home. I'm so grateful for my husband, who puts up with my clothes on the bedroom floor, picks up all of the paper clips I leave scattered about, and cleans up after dinner while I finish eating. He also does way more than his fair share of laundry!
Maybe I'll be back here before the middle of October? :)