Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

And So It Begins...

I have mixed feelings right now... sad and in disbelief that the lazy days of summer are gone, but so excited to be going back to school and implementing all of the changes that I've thought about over the summer. Today was my first official day back, filled with lots of meetings. I was pleasantly surprised that all of the meetings had a fairly positive tone - very encouraging!

I didn't get home till 6 today. I couldn't resist cleaning out one more cabinet after the last meeting, and then I was able to talk to my principal about an idea I've worked on this summer for a classroom blog. I'm super excited that she's on board with it, and assuming none of the higher-ups have a problem with it, I'll be spending some evenings this week getting my class blog set up before open house on Thursday.

Now, I'm sitting down with a glass of wine to draft a language arts curriculum map and pacing guide to share with my teammates tomorrow. Yup, the school year has begun!

1 comment:

  1. I wish that I had a great team member like you to help with the LA planning. I have pretty much been doing it all by myself.

    Katie
    Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete